PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Obsession: Movie Quotes

Here are some of my all-time favorite movie quotes… can you name the movies? 

 
Post your answers in the comments. Whoever gets the most correct answers by tonight at midnight PST is going to win a Regal Cinemas movie ticket.  DON'T CHEAT by looking at the other comments before you answer!

1. “Take a chance and win some crap.”

2. “I’m coming girls and I’ve got the fondue!”

3. “Surely you can’t be serious.
I am serious, and don’t call me Shirley.”

4. “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.”

5. “Well, it’s a matter of life after death. Now that he’s dead, I have a life.”

6. “Once again, things that could've been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!”

7. “I been savin' this money for a divorce, if ever I got a husband.”

8. “Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?”

9. “When you got a million voices singing, who can hear a lousy whistle blow?”

10. “They say you're the world's only living heart donor.”

11. “Just going to the kitchen to get some food, then I'm going to tell you a story that will make your balls shrink to the size of raisins.”

12. “Can you remember to turn off the stove in twenty minutes?
I can remember lots of things.”

13. “You didn’t beat me. You ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I’d kill you.
That’s not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?”

14. “I hate Paris in the springtime
I hate Paris in the fall
I hate Paris in the summer when it sizzles
I hate Paris in the winter when it drizzles
I hate Paris, oh why oh why do I hate Paris?
Because my love is there... with his SLUT girlfriend.”

15. “The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. Short, tall, light, dark, caf, decaf, low-fat, non-fat, etc. So people who don't know what the hell they're doing or who on earth they are can, for only $2.95, get not just a cup of coffee but an absolutely defining sense of self: Tall. Decaf. Cappuccino.”

and one bonus quote in honor of one of my husband's favorite movies:

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

ANSWERS TOMORROW

5 comments:

  1. I know one and only one. It happens to be my all time favorite movie.

    #15 You've Got Mail. Spoken by my all time favorite leading man, TOM HANKS!

    I hope I am right. It's been at least six months since I've watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually pretty good at movie quotes. I'm surprised how few of these I even recognized let alone knew.

    1. The Jerk

    3. Airplane

    4. When Harry Met Sally

    6. The Wedding Singer

    7. It's a Wonderful Life

    13. Pirates of the Caribbean

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. The Jerk
    2.
    3. Airplane
    4. When Harry Met Sally
    5. Clue
    6. Wedding Singer
    7.
    8. Zoolander
    9. Newsies
    10. Sabrina
    11.
    12.
    13. Pirates of the Caribbean
    14. French Kiss
    15. You've Got Mail
    Bonus - Billy Madison

    This was good! It helps that I knew what some of your favorite movies were...and that I am sitting here with my mom and my sister. Three heads are better than one. I looked up number two and then my sister guessed it with a little clue...and THEN proceeded to reenact that scene from the movie. Guess she liked that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. No idea
    2. No idea
    3. No idea
    4. No idea
    5. No idea
    6. No idea
    7. No idea
    8. No idea
    9. No idea
    10. No idea
    11. No idea
    12. No idea
    13. No idea
    14. No idea
    15. No idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Jerk
    Troop Beverly Hills
    Airplane
    When Harry Met Sally
    Clue
    The Wedding Singer
    It's a Wonderful Life
    Zoolander
    Newsies
    Sabrina
    Notting Hill
    Sixteen Candles
    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    French Kiss
    You've Got Mail


    Billy Maddison

    I cheated, my curiosity got the best of me. I looked most of them up, Notting Hill is my favorite though..........

    ReplyDelete