PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Much Ado About You

You had to know that I would throw some stuff in these raffle baskets too, right?

In case you are unfamiliar with my shop, Much Ado About You, I sell calendars.


I had so much fun reading all my sponsors answers to these questions, that I thought... why not answer them myself?

Where do you live, and is it where you are from originally?
 I live in Ladera Ranch, which is in South Orange County, which is where I have been my entire life {other than the four years that I was on the Central Coast for college}.

When and why did you start your business?
I started my business in November of 2007 as an Event Planning and Custom Invitation Design business.  I had been selling jewelry for a Direct Sales company for four years, but I was tired of the home shows and I wanted a more creative outlet.  I quickly tired of the Event Planning... a very stressful, very demanding line of work, but I really enjoyed doing invitations.  Unfortunately, it was very difficult to make any money selling invitations.  About a year into my business, I accidentally started selling calendars {after making one for myself that friends and family were coveting}, and it quickly became my full-time business and passion!

What is your favorite part about running your business?
Hands down the best thing about my business is being able to employ my friends!  We have so much fun in our office, and it is truly a blessing that my business can provide a little extra income for my friends' families, and make it even easier for them to stay home with their kids.

What is your biggest dream for your business?
My fantasy-land-anything-can-happen dream for my business is that Much Ado About You would eventually be synonymous with Day Runner or Franklin Covey.  Obviously, the handmade element of our calendars is what makes them unique, and I wouldn't want to lose that in mass-production.  I would, however, love to have a "pro-series" line that could be mass-produced and could compete with those other big names.

2 comments:

  1. Your calendars are adorable! Good for you for having such a great business, all your hard work is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your calendars and I think it's great you can employ your friends too! So much fun :]

    ReplyDelete