PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, February 18, 2011

8 Random Things

I was going to tell you 10 random things about myself this morning, but I have only come up with 8 and I have to leave to go take my niece to her My Gym class.

So here are 8 Random Things:

1.  I am 33 years old and if I stopped dying my hair it would be mostly grey.  I'm not kidding.

2.  I hate the color purple, but I wear it a lot.  I think purple looks nice on brunettes with brown eyes.

3.  Even though I do not have any fallopian tubes and I am on birth control, last week I actually thought I might be pregnant because my belly was so big.  In actuality, I think that the late night Doritos and candy for breakfast are catching up with me.

4.  I hated my wedding dress.  The night that I went for my final fitting I cried and my sister {who may be the nicest person on the planet} yelled at the Seamstress because she was only making matters worse.

5.  Two and a half years ago I woke up from surgery to be told that my doctor had to remove both of my fallopian tubes.  That night I was in my bed puking from the anesthesia and super sad that any chance of a natural pregnancy was now permanently removed, but I had my husband and my two best friends with me, and it is actually one of my fondest memories.  It was a moment in time that I will never forget.

6.  I keep telling Nathan that when we are exorbitantly wealthy I want him to surprise me by having Candace Olsen come and decorate my entire house.  He says he's sure she's not busy because Full House ended a long time ago.  I tell him that he is thinking of Candace Cameron and Ashley & Mary Kate Olsen, but I am talking about Candace Olsen.  We have had this same conversation multiple times.

7.  When I was in Junior High, my mom and sister won a contest to have a date with a Soap Opera star, Matthew Ashford who played Jack on Days of our Lives.  They had such a great time on the date, that we were all invited to come to a taping on the closed set of the show.  So I have been to Salem.

8.  My very first job was passing out balloons as the Easter Bunny at our local Hallmark Store.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed the randomness! :)#6 is pretty funny, especially since you have to have the same convo every time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, since it was my daughter who interrupted your flow of thought, I will take it upon myself to finish your list:

    #9 - I was in my grandparents' wedding. After 40 years of marriage, my grandparents divorced (grandma married someone else, he died...) and then remarried. I carried a bouquet...
    #10 - I was rushed to the hospital in in the middle of the night while visiting podunk Moab, Utah (sorry all you Moabites!) with severe abdominal pain. Turned out to be a twisted bowel. Might have been caused by the entire canister of cashews I consumed earlier in the evening. The hospital had to call THE doctor in Moab and wake him up to come exam me.

    By the way, I was going to make the last two sweet and sentimental, but Kevin said they had to be funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I should have mentioned that I'm Emmy's sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love. So fun to see this side of you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was peanuts. And lots of other food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would choose Divine Design, Candace Olson too! Enjoying your Blog Emmy! xo

    ReplyDelete