PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You Asked for It

If there are any new visitors to my blog today, I should start by telling you that this is not a blog about food.  You might look at my last three postings {or my belly} and think that it is, but I assure you that there is much more to this blog than food. 

That said, I had an amazing response to Friday's Quick Fix Dinner idea, and some of you even asked for more.  Your wish is my command.

Today I will introduce you to my world famous {well, its famous in my world} Roast Beef Sandwich.


This sandwich was inspired by a sandwich that my husband loved from Mustard Cafe in Newport Beach, but it started at Costco.

A couple of years ago we were at Costco picking up some last minute items for the 4th of July.  As usual, we were taking our time enjoying the tastings spread. 

That is when I discovered Rosemary Olive Oil bread.  Can you say Y-U-M-M-Y, yummy? 

I grabbed a few other ingredients, and threw together this sandwich.  It was a big hit at our friends' 4th of July party that day.  It has been a big hit ever since.

So here's how you can make it too {and be a big hit with your family}.

You will need:


Rosemary Olive Oil Bread
{I get a two loaf pack at Costco, but I have seen loaves of very similar bread in the bakery section of my grocery store}
Roast Beef
Mayonnaise
{because a sandwich is naked without mayonaise... and don't try to use any of that fat free crap}
Brie
Arugula
Roasted Red Bell Peppers
{you could roast them yourself, but this is supposed to be quick... I buy mine in a jar}

I also highly recommend Chipotle Mayo if you want a little kick.  If you don't have any on hand you can use add a little chipotle powder to regular Mayo.  Same dif.

Now this is not Rocket Science ladies.  The only dishes that are required are a cutting board and a knife.  Use paper plates.  Make this a truly Quick Fix.

Slice the bread.



Spread the mayo.


Add the cheese, arugula, and roasted red peppers and roast beef.








Cut in half and serve.




Oh, and serve with Kettle Chips.  That is a very important detail.

5 comments:

  1. I just have to add one tip! Costco's Rosemary Olive Loaf freezes REALLY well. Don't let the fact that the bread comes in a two-pack stop you. I use one loaf, then wrap the second in foil and place in inside a ziploc freezer bag. When I'm ready to use it, I just take it out early in the day and let it thaw on the kitchen counter for dinner. You can either throw it in the oven for 10 or 15 minutes at the tail end of a dinner cooking, or even slice it and butter and toast a few pieces at a time. It truly tastes just as fresh as the first day you buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted about food...with the food warning of course! I am not a "new" follower to your blog but this is my first time leaving some comment love. BTW, Angel Face Designs sent me over today and I am coveting the calendar she is giving away. I think it would make the perfect replacement for my 2010 Much Ado About You...that I love by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious!!!! Definitely making this recipe ASAP :) Also...Angel Face Designs sent me...would love one of those calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your calendars, didn't know you blogged too! I am here from Angel Face Designs blog and a new follower :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, um... YUM!! that is amazing! thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete