PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 14, 2011

Quiz Fun

Okay, so you people do like quizzes.  I knew it!

Thanks so much for taking the time to enter my fun little contest.  I had so much fun reading all of your responses!

Before I get to my answers {and the winner, in case anyone is interested in that}, I have a few comments:

1.  You all get ready super fast!  I am feeling extremely high maintenance after reading your responses {although, let's be honest... that is no surprise}.

2.  To Pinkdaisyjane who said of what famous person would you most like to be friends with? "Famous is in the eye of the beholder; I'd say, Beth Moore or Lysa TerKeurst":  I couldn't agree more!  I have had the privilege of hanging out with Lysa for a weekend and I can say that if I lived in NC I would stalk her until she let me be her BFF!  {Oh, and now I am dying to know what DEAD famous people you are related to!}

3.  To Deborah West who said of are you related to anyone famous?  Who? "My mawmaw's 2nd cousin, Henry, was Bonnie & Clyde's get-away driver. Does that count? ;)":  Yes that counts!  And I think that is my favorite response to this question.

4.  To Mego:  Move to Ladera Ranch.  We only have to call 911 when there are homeless people in the parking lot {at least... that's when Jen tries to get me to call 911}.

5.  To Amy:  I got to meet the Pioneer Woman at The Creative Connection Event last fall and I am pleased to say that she was as sweet and funny as I had hoped she would be!

6.  To Amanda who said of ever dialed 911?:  "Yes, one time my Dad was outside dumping ash from our coal stove and a half naked woman came out of the woods in the Dead of winter... she escaped from somewhere... pretty scary and weird!":  Um, excuse me???  I think we need more details to that story!  What the heck???

7.  To Leslieannabanana:  I have a friend whose husband is Kevin Costner's cousin, so what does that make you two?  Funny how small this world is.

8.  To Jenni:  You are speaking my language with the OTH reference!  Have you seen this posting?

9.  To TannersMomandDad:  I met Justin Timberlake once.  It's kind of a funny story that maybe I will tell here another day, but let me just say he was extremely nice, way taller than I expected, and hot.  But that's not a surprise.

Okay, now for my answers:


1.  What's the farthest place you have ever traveled?
Tahiti: for our honeymoon
2.  Would you rather lick the bowl of chocolate brownie batter or cookie dough?
Hmm.. tough choice, but I think I will go with cookie dough.  But, like Stephanie Lynne I don't really love cookies... I much prefer the dough.
3.  Ever been bitten by an animal?  What kind?
I was stung twice by a wasp that flew up my pants a couple of summers ago.  I also was bit by our ferocious desert tortoise, Lightning  when I was little.  {He was really just going for the lettuce and my finger got in the way.}
4.  Ever ride a motorcycle?
Twice, both times as a passenger, and both times with one of my husband's best friends.  One of those times was on a 20 mile freeway ride to work... I wasn't too happy with the resulting helmet head at the office!
5.  How many {if any} times have you been in a wedding?
2x as a Flower Girl, 1x as a Bridesmaid, 2x as a Matron of Honor, and 1x as a Bride
6.  What famous person would you most like to be friends with?
There's a few: Jimmy Fallon, Adam Sandler, George Bush, Ellen DeGeneres and Jennifer Aniston are my top choices
7.  Ever dialed 911?
Three times in college.  Once when a super creepy guy was trying to get into our dorm room {and subsequently broke into another girl's room and tried to assault her}, once when my BFF's boyfriend was threatening to commit suicide, and once when a there was a car wreck just outside our house.
8.  Are you related to anyone famous?  Who?
 Well, my grandma was a movie star signed with Warner Bros. Studios, but I use the term "star" loosely.  She made several movies, a couple of which she starred in, one that was named "Playgirl" but was not that kind of movie, and none of which you would know.
9.  What are two things you are wearing right now and where did you get them?
My Steve Madden boots that I wear most days and my super cozy tan sweater from Gap.
10.  How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
 Okay... confession time: I am high maintenance.  Oh wait... have I mentioned that already?  This is not a simple question for me to answer because it ranges depending on a variety of factors like whether I am straightening my hair, shaving my legs, or ironing my clothes.  First let me say that I always shower in the morning.  Always.  And I always put on makeup.  Always.  All that said, and long story short {I know, too late}, anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half.

And now for the winner!

Random.org helped me choose Al, who answered:

1. What's the farthest place you have ever traveled? St. Thomas in the Caribbean
2. Would you rather lick the bowl of chocolate brownie batter or cookie dough? Well I wouldn't discriminate against the cookie dough if it was forced on me, but my preference would be brownies. YUM
3. Ever been bitten by an animal? What kind? A cat. My big fatty cat, 15lbs, bites my head if he doesn't like me sitting in front of him on the couch
4. Ever ride a motorcycle? Does sitting on one count?
5. How many {if any} times have you been in a wedding? 2, including my own.
6. What famous person would you most like to be friends with? Patrick Dempsey, he seems like a cool, regular dude.
7. Ever dialed 911? No
8. Are you related to anyone famous? Who? Nope
9. What are two things you are wearing right now and where did you get them? My tan chords from American Eagle, a pink t-shirt also from American Eagle -- wow sounds like that's the only place I shop
10. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? Hair wash day 45 minutes, no hair wash 30 minutes 

Thanks Al!  I will be contacting you shortly about your journal.  And thanks to everyone who participated.  I had so much fun with this... I think we will have to have another quiz day very soon.  :) 

5 comments:

  1. you are my new bff, with the one tree hill! yes! i knew there were others out there like me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quiz WAS fun! :) I reposted it on my blog (and one of my friends reposted on her blog...it made its rounds). I met PW at her cookbook signing last year, and I agree with you. She was EXACTLY as I imagined she would be after having read her blog for so long. Sweet, funny and extremely gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In regards to question #5 - is that 2 + 1 + 1 + 2, or 1 + 2 + 1 + 1??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited I won!!! Thank you, can't wait for my journal. Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun quiz! That was great. Fill us in on the JT story sometime soon ; )

    ReplyDelete