PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blue Barn Quilts

Looking for a handmade, custom quilt?  
Check out one that Sarah Miller made for a Blue Barn Quilts' customer.


Sarah has been a follower and regular commenter on my blog from the start!  She reached out to me when I mentioned my raffle and offered to participate.  Here's a little bit of info about Sarah:

Where do you live, and is it where you are from originally?
Terrell,TX (about 40 miles east of Dallas) although I was born and raised in Dayton, OH

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your family.
My husband and I will celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary in July and our son will turn 8 two days after (also in July)  We live on a small 12 acre farm with 1 horse, 1 cow, 2 chickens and 2 dogs and fish and hermit crabs.  We just enjoy simple life and family.

When and why did you start business? 
I am a self taught quilter.  When my son turned 1, I decided his bedding was too babyish, so I went to the store, bought a sewing machine and fabric and made my first quilt.  I had never sewn anything before this.  Since then, I have made over 30 quilts.  
I started sewing as a business approx 1 year ago, but just opened my etsy shop November 2009.  Since opening, I have made 4 custom quilts and sold MANY mini notebooks.  I started selling on etsy, because I enjoy quilting so much, and this way someone else is paying for my "habit."


Sarah donated one of her popular Mini-Notebooks for our raffle, 
which is part of the For the Kids basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment