PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maisonnette

I was browsing around the blogosphere one day and came across an ad for Maisonnette.


I was attracted to their website because the photography is beautiful.
Then I saw that they have beautiful fabric in the shop, and I liked them even more.
It totally looks like the style of shop that I want to have if I ever decide to open a storefront.

 

In the meantime, I am going to think of an excuse to go down to Oceanside for the day and visit Ava and her family at Maisonnette.

I also have to tell you... Ava and I had just connected and I had just placed her button on my site the day that I decided to do this little raffle.  I sent her the message that I sent all my sponsors, but I did not expect her to want to participate since she was brand new to my site.

The next morning I got an email from her telling me that she was in the airport on her way to Mexico, but that she would definitely like to contribute and that if I needed anything before she got back from her vacation she would make sure that one of her employees took care of it for me.

I was so very touched at her generosity.  God will truly bless it, for sure.
  
Where do you live, and where are you from originally?
Our shop is in Oceanside, and we are Southern California natives.

When and why did you start your business?
We started our business in 2009, and our theme of fabric, photography and art, simply came about this way.  Ava has three children, Christopher is an artist, Natalie is a photographer and Madeline is a seamstress!  So it was logical for us to have all three elements of the arts included in our shop.

 What is your favorite part about running your business?
Our favorite part of running Maisonnette is swapping ideas with our creative customers.

 What is your favorite item that you sell?
The fabric, because the possibilities are infinite.

 What is your biggest dream for your business?
To share our love of art and photography, and to inspire as many people as possible to enjoy their creative side by sewing, crafting and quilting.


Ava donated a $40 gift certificate to her shop.
This items can be found in the All Grown Up basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment