PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer: Day 1

Today is the first day of summer vacation.  

I woke up with a pounding headache.

It may have something to do with the fact that I took three birth control pills yesterday.

Why on earth would I take three birth control pills, you ask?  Why would someone who has been trying to have a baby for six years take even one birth control pill, much less three??? 

I have reluctantly been put back on birth control to try to reduce and control my Endometriosis.  

The good news is that I am on Seasonique, which means I only have to have a period once every three months.  

The bad news is that I am terrible at remembering my pills, so yesterday morning {Wednedsay} when I noticed that the last pill I had taken was on Sunday, I quickly swallowed Monday and Tuesday's pills {trying to trick my body into thinking they had been in there as scheduled}.  Then I took Wednesday's pill last night.

That's three pills in one day.

Today my body is saying bad move lady.

Oh well... headache-smedache... I've got stuff to do.

I was reading Lysa TerKeurst's blog this morning {you remember I told you about her... the amazing speaker from our retreat that I want to be like when I grow up} about being thankful, and it made me think that it is high time for a Thankful Thursday around here.

So here's what I am thankful for this week:

I am thankful that school is out for the summer!
I am thankful for amazingly supportive friends that always have my back.
I am thankful for nights when Nathan is actually home early enough to enjoy a nice dinner out with good friends {and by nice dinner out... I mean Ruby's}.
I am thankful for Ruby's.
I am thankful for God's many provisions.
I am thankful for a husband that is going to be an amazing father to a child that most likely would never have had a father.
I am thankful for a son that has an unbelievable sense of compassion and understanding for a 7 year old.

I am thankful for Tylenol {which I am going to go take lots of right now}.

What are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of Lysa! I try to do a Thankful Thursday post each week to remind myself that I have too much to be grateful for to be crabby, but sometimes I'm so crabby that I forget that I have too much to be thankful for...

    My latest "Thankful Thursday" is at http://www.pinkdaisyjane.com/2010/06/thankful-thursday.html if you'd like to check it out. :)

    Glad to know someone else who loves Lysa and wants to be like her when she grows up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for you!
    I'm thankful for my etsy business - 3 orders in the last 2 days!
    I'm thankful for air conditioning.
    I'm thankful for all the amazing ways God comes through for my family.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm thankful that my husband cleaned the house when i was gone for work.
    i'm thankful i didnt get hurt too bad at work!
    i'm thankful that i won first at laser tag tonight! :]

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete