PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Popcakes

My favorite thing about Beau starting Kindergarten was getting to know the families of the kids that I am going to be doing life with for many years to come. 

At our school you cannot just drop off or pick up your kindergartner in the car line.  You have to get out of your car and walk them into the Kindergarten playground.

At times this seemed annoying.  
But this year has made me realize how precious that time was.  
I made so many wonderful friends at drop off and pick up last year.
Friends that I now rarely see.

It's the travesty of the car line.
One of those friends that I now barely see is Janice.  Last year Janice started a dessert business called Popcakes. I loved talking to Janice about business cards and websites and test batches {well, I enjoyed eating those more than talking about them}... all the exciting things that come along with starting your own business.

Janice's team is incredibly talented!  
Just look at what they can do with a cake pop:



Where do you live, and where are you from originally?
Ladera Ranch. I was born in the Philippines, moved to the Bay Area when I was 7 and lived up in NorCal til I was 16.  Then I moved to SoCal and love it down here!

Tell me a little bit about yourself and your family.
I'm the oldest of 4 children.  My dad is Chinese and my mom is Filipino-Spanish.  I moved here in 1978.  I went to UCLA and graduated with a B.A. in business econ. Worked at Wells Fargo right after graduation as a credit analyst, met my husband, Sammy, and got married in 1999.  I really wanted to go to culinary school instead of UCLA but my mom wouldn't let me! Hahaha.  I love cooking, baking, shopping, running, and spending time with the kids, friends and family.

When and why did you start your business?
I love to cook and bake and thought it was a fun idea.

 What is your favorite item that you sell?
A chocolate popcake with heath bar topping!

 What is your biggest dream for your business?
I'd like to own a storefront one day!  I think that would be so cute. 


Janice donated three gift certificates for bou-cakes ($30 value each).  
There is one gift certificate in each basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment