PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Once Upon a Cupcake

A few years ago at one of the many boutiques I was participating in, I met Kelly from Once Upon a Cupcake.  We had both just started our businesses, and had a wonderful time getting to know and encourage one another.  

We became fast friends.

We became friends on Facebook.

Then we found out that not only had we been in youth group together in Junior High, but we had many mutual friends.  Many.  We were destined to be friends.
She even has a son named Beau!

I have enjoyed getting to know Kelly so much... but mostly I have enjoyed eating her cupcakes.

Kelly makes the absolutely most amazing, delicious, incredibly creative cupcakes that you have ever seen.
If you are reading this posting from somewhere other than Southern California, I am sorry that you will never get to experience Kelly's cupcakes.
You may want to plan a trip just to get a sampling.

I am not a dessert person.  
I crave chips and nuts... salty stuff.  
But sometimes I just crave Kelly's cupcakes.

They don't just taste amazing... they look amazing.  
And Kelly is so talented at creating the perfect cupcake to go along with any theme.  
And I do mean any theme.
Check out these cupcakes that she made for Beau's 6th birthday party.  
We took the train to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner.


And these are the ones she made for his 5th birthday, which was a pirate party:


She does amazing work:


Here's what Kelly had to say:

Where do you live, and is it where you are from originally?
I was born and raised in Mission Viejo. I live only a mile and half from the house I grew up in.

When and why did you start your business?
I started Once Upon a Cupcake in September 2007. My first child, Archer, was born in March 2007, so at the time he was 6 months old...things were easy... he wasn't talking, scooting, crawling, walking, etc... I wanted to "do something" from home. Well, that "do something" has turned into Once Upon a Cupcake, and that sweet baby started talking, scooting, crawling and walking faster than I had imagined. Now, he wants so badly to be my little helper.

What is your favorite part about running your business?
My favorite thing about running my own business is the ability to make my own hours. I can make myself as busy or as relaxed as my family needs me to be. I love being able to talk and play with my boys in between batches of cupcakes.


Kelly donated a Gift Certificate for One Dozen Cupcakes {a $30 value... and worth every penny} to the lucky winner of the Locals Only basket.

No comments:

Post a Comment